Hope your morning is off to a good start. In about five hours, it will be the official halfway point of my 7-Day No Added Sugar + Sweat Everyday Challenge. I thought I’d provide you with an update in case you’re interested into what the first few days have been like.
- HOLY headaches! I’m not someone that’s typically prone to headaches, so this has been quite the surprise. They usually start around 3 p.m. and pretty much don’t go away. I also don’t remember suffering from headaches the last time I cut sugar over the summer. Remind me to never do drugs because I can’t imagine what that withdrawal feels like haha.
- Fruit tastes SO good. I’ve always been a big fruit eater, but it’s amazing how different grapes can taste when they’re the only sweet thing you’re consuming. I always thought “nature’s candy” was a silly term, but I get it now. Even my gummy vitamins tasted like candy.
- Cravings weren’t too bad until day 3. Yesterday was the worst in terms of wanting everything sweet. I was okay between breakfast and lunch, but then I needed something…anything. I may have cheated a teeny bit and had a handful of Kashi Heart-to-Heart cereal. I know the first three days are supposed to be the worst, so hopefully today goes better.
- I’ve been sleeping really well! I’ve been falling asleep much quicker this week and had a very vivid dream last night. I still wake up semi-lethargic, but I know it only gets better from here.
- I actually like sweating everyday. Don’t get me wrong, after a long day of classes yesterday I didn’t really feel like doing much of anything. But I committed to this challenge, so I dragged my butt down there and cranked out an easy cardio session. That saying about “nobody regrets a workout” is so true. I’ll be on campus from 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. today, so fitting in exercise will be a challenge. I’m writing this in advance (Wednesday night!), so hopefully I wake up in the morning for a planned treadmill workout.
I’ll be sure to post a full recap when the challenge ends next week.
Questions of the day:
- Have any natural remedies for headaches? Advil barely helps!
- What’s your favorite fruit?