Welcome to this week’s addition of Favorite Finds Friday, where I share some items that have been catching my eye this week.
- Quirky Nibble Cake Pan – this is one of those products that I’m annoyed I didn’t invent! There are so many times where I’ve baked a cake for someone else and have NO IDEA how it tasted. As much as I love to bake, I’m not entirely confident in my abilities. This would save me from future dessert fails!
- 10 ways you’re making your life harder than it has to be – I originally saw this in Courtney’s round up last Friday and have kept it in my inbox ever since. Numbers 2 and 7 particularly resonated with me and I’m guilty of both all too often. Look over this list. I think it’s important to check yourself every once in a while and make sure you’re working on a couple of these.
- Uncommon Goods – you know when you get a catalog in the mail that you’ve never heard of and have no idea why you’ve received it? This is one of those. It arrived in our mailbox last week and has been a blessing in disguise for some of those harder-to-buy-for people on my list (cough…Dad…cough). Everything is super affordable and unique. I’ve been eyeing this tea pot, a DIY lip balm kit and these city map glasses <– how perfect for a house warming gift?
- A more economical way to use our Keurig – after some comments back and forth with a reader on Julie’s blog, I was turned onto the Brew & Save brand of reusable k-cups. I’ve tried other brands before, but always ended up with coffee grounds at the bottom of my mug – yuck! Though I buy our k-cups in bulk from Amazon, they still come out to $.64 a piece. With my $2.79 bag of Dunkin coffee from Walgreens, the reusable k-cup drops our cost per use to close to $0! 🙂
- Since I overload you with cat pictures on the reg over here, this video of a golden retriever on a mission for treats during obedience training is for my dog-loving friends.
We have a fun weekend planned and I’m going out both Friday and Saturday nights! That’s a lot for this grandma. Tonight we’re headed to dinner with Bobby’s best friend and his wife (who is a dear friend of mine too – hi Court!). Tomorrow it’s my friend Kristin’s annual Friendsgiving. I have a cornbread recipe that’s been sitting on my Pinterest board just waiting to be made.
Questions for you:
- What’s on your agenda this weekend?
- Do you typically Christmas shop online or in stores?