Good morning! I hope it is less dreary wherever you are. I’m gearing up for a day filled with studying for my last final + a pedicure + a trip to the post office + a workout. I wonder which will take priority? 😉
I’ve also included for you a round up of my favorite subscription gift boxes based on my own experience. But first let’s cover breakfast, shall we?
My stomach was a little off this morning, so breakfast didn’t happen until about 9:30 a.m. I cut up a honeycrisp apple and peeled a clementine. I’ll likely grab something else in a little while, but fruit was all I was feeling for now.
On to the exciting part of this post!
FAVORITE SUBSCRIPTION GIFT BOXES
This has been the year of subscription boxes for me. Last Christmas, the family I nannied for gifted me with a 6-month subscription to Birchbox. As a beauty junkie, I loved my Birchbox and looked forward to seeing it in my mailbox every month. I fell in love with some of the products and still use them now, a year later.
Since then, subscription boxes have been my go-to gift for the special people in my life. They are unique, thoughtful and there is a box for everyone on your list. Finding the perfect gift for someone is one of my favorite tasks in life. For the most part, I always look for something that I would be excited to receive, and that I know the person wouldn’t buy for his/herself. I truly think this is the KEY to gift giving!
- Birchbox – obviously, I’d be including Birchbox in this round up. As far as I know, it was the first personal care subscription box and people love it. My favorite part each month was receiving beauty products that I’d never heard of and couldn’t find in the drugstore. I gifted a 6-month subscription to my mom for her birthday in October, and she sends me a picture of her box each month!
- Love with Food – the perfect box for the healthy foodie in your life. Each month, the recipient opens a curated box of natural or organic snacks tailored to his/her taste. For every snack box gifted, you are donating a meal to a hungry child in the U.S. It’s a win-win! I purchased a Love with Food subscription for my sister-in-law’s birthday a few months ago. She recently texted me this photo and said that the snacks were so good that she’d have to hide them from her husband (my brother!)
- BarkBox – your pup will enjoy “anything from toys, bones and all-natural treats to hygiene products and innovative new gadgets.” Ok, I’ve never given this one, but am just waiting for the right opportunity. I think it would make the perfect gift for someone with a new puppy. Kind of like a housewarming gift for the new addition 🙂
Buzz Feed recently published a list of twenty fantastic subscription boxes everyone needs in their lives.
4. The Cravory
6. Julep Maven
7. Love with Food
9. Club W
10. Citrus Lane
11. Bulu Box
13. Tea Sparrow
14. Taste Trunk
15. Escape Monthly
18. Green Kids Craft
If you need an idea for how to actually gift the box to the receiver, I created this flyer in PowerPoint and wrapped it like a regular present when I gave my mom BirchBox in October.
Questions for you:
- Have you ever gifted a subscription box?
- Which one from the above list do you want in your stocking? <– I’d love Graze or the PopSugar box!