Can I just say that I am beyond excited to head home to Louisville tomorrow. One of my friend’s from high school is getting married tomorrow night and I can’t wait to reunite with some gals I haven’t seen in way too long. I’m also looking forward to downtime with my family, not having an agenda and breaking from regular life for ten days. Bobby and I are almost worried that we’ll be too bored, but that’s kinda how I like it.
What are your holiday plans?
Today marks this week’s edition of Favorite Finds Friday. If you’re new around here, this is a weekly series where I share some articles, pins, items, products, etc. that have caught my eye during the week. Let me know your favorite finds in the comments section!
- Christmas crafts. I’m pretty crafty by nature, but rarely want to spend the money to DIY something that might turn out a fail. However, I’ve been really into adding personal touches this year like special gift tags or including the recipe for homemade treats.
My current craft set up
Gifted to the hostess at a Christmas party last weekend
- Making recipes my own. Until recently, I never felt comfortable making significant changes to recipes if I wanted to say, make the flavor more intense. I don’t know what was holding me back – kitchen confidence, I guess? Anywho, now I rarely make recipes exactly like the instructions and tend to add, subtract or substitute. So far, so good!
- On the baking note, I just discovered another outlet in my kitchen! It has been a game changer when I’m trying to use the blender and hand mixer at the same time. Might sound trivial to some with large kitchens, but I know Ashley can relate.
- The reading material in doctors’ offices is so diverse. I remember the days when Highlights magazine and the local paper were your only options. I guess enough people in the U.S. have allergies now that Allergic Living is a real thing.
- Gingerbread coffee. Ever since I realized we were spending way too much on daily k-cups, I’ve been loving using regular coffee in our Keurig. This gingerbread cookie flavor has been the star lately, scored on clearance at TJ Maxx, where else?
- Sonia Kashuk limited edition gold makeup brushes. I know my fellow makeup lovers are excited for these as well. So luxe, yet so affordable. I might have to treat myself if I can find them on sale.
- True story.
- “I’m totes a kale blazer” tote. Will someone buy me this for Christmas?! I can’t track down the original link for the life of me.
- 45 awesome toys every 90s girl wanted for Christmas. I laughed so hard at this. Barbie Fashion Designer was MY LIFE back in the day. I had this pic on my phone sitting with my dad and playing that dang game. Note the hair!
- When bloggers are real. <– love her blog
- Another slideshow of when 21 photoshop experts from around the world made one woman their version of beautiful.