I have such a conflicted relationship with post-Christmas Christmas decorations. I love drinking out of my Santa mug, but also feel a bit down that the holidays are over. However, it does give me an excuse to decorate in a more general “winter” theme and even bring out our Valentine’s Day decor in a few weeks. I love Valentine’s Day.
It’s hard to believe this is my first Favorite Finds Friday of 2015. It’s always one of the posts I most look forward to writing. If you’re new to The Magic Tree, Favorite Finds is my last post of the week where I compile all the articles, pins, recipes, videos, or things that have been making me smile over the past seven days. Feel free to link away in the comments section. I would love to know your favorite finds!
- Purging my closet gives me a natural high. I love getting rid of unnecessary clutter.
- This pantry. Forget a walk-in closet, you’ll know I’ve made it in life when I have a pantry that looks like this <sighs>.
- 5 facts about life I’ve realized this year. Amen to #3.
- Best free workout videos on YouTube. I need to take advantage of these more, especially if I can take a virtual class from my girl crush Tara Stiles.
- Jay, the key witness from Serial, speaks out. I won’t read this yet since I haven’t listened to all the podcasts!
- 10 easy ways to save $1k this year (without feeling poor). Proud to say I already do about half of these!
- Determine your character strengths through the VIA Institute on Character.
- The 10 books you should’ve read in 2014. I’ve seen Redeployment pop up on other lists like this. I can’t wait to read it, among all others on this list!
- 10 things that cloak incompetent therapists. I think it’s pretty rare that you’d run into practitioners like this, but it’s important to be aware nonetheless.
If you liked this roundup of favorite finds, check out past editions:
- Favorite Finds 12/26
- Favorite Finds 12/19
- Favorite Finds 12/12
- Favorite Finds 12/5
- Favorite Finds 11/21
- Favorite Finds 11/14
What’s on your agenda for the weekend? We’re headed to a friend’s house later today to see their new baby girl, then out to dinner with my girlfriend and her husband. I also have a lot of cleaning and organizing on my list for Saturday and Sunday, and creating a study plan for my social work license (eeek!).
Have a lovely weekend ❤