I’m coming at ya at little later than usual this morning. We went to dinner with Bobby’s parents last night and by the time we arrived home I just didn’t have it in me to write today’s post. Actually, I lied…I had no clue what to write about today. I was simply uninspired. I’m trying to bore you less and less with just my daily eats and workouts for the day, and provide you with a little more substance (just a little more – don’t get greedy now).
Then it dawned on me.
Ever since I quit ClassPass, I have been looking for ways to maximize my workouts either in our living room or in the building’s gym. There are so many great online, and not to mention FREE, sources for exercise out there. It’s almost not even worth it to join a gym these days (you didn’t hear it from me!).
But first, let’s rewind a little to yesterday.
BREAKFAST & WORKOUT
I spent the morning working on some blog stuff while chowing down on a bowl of vanilla overnight oats. The usual ingredients went in the mix, including 3/4 cup vanilla greek yogurt + 1/2 cup oats + 1/2 cup almond milk mixed together and left to sit in the fridge overnight.
In the morning, I topped my bowl with a drizzle of honey and walnut pieces.
I had a facial recently and the aesthetician suggested that I add walnuts (great sources of omega-3s) to my daily diet to combat dryness in my skin. Obviously I bought walnuts the next day. I am a sucker for unsolicited beauty advice.
Also, I couldn’t help but show you how much my photography skills are improving. Just look at those colors!
Not really. I will never be a photographer.
Yesterday was a yoga day, so I spent a few minutes searching Amazon Prime and YouTube for a longer-ish video. My girl Tara Stiles never disappoints, so I went with her 50-minute yoga workout for strength and energy. I’m at the beginner-advanced stage and can never find a video that appeals to my current skill level. This one was perfect. I am a pretty flexible human by nature, but when it comes to any poses related to back flexibility, just forget it.
Recycled photo, but pretty standard procedure for trying to workout in the living room!
LUNCH & DINNER
Lunch was pretty freaking boring, but I feel obligated to show you a photo anyway.
See, I told you. Sauteed kale + shredded chicken with BBQ sauce + a pear.
We went to dinner at Frankie’s on Michigan Avenue. And because I never want you to actually think that my diet only consists of oatmeal and kale, I must share with you that I had two pieces of pizza and a salad plus pumpkin spiced chocolate chips when I got home.
5 FAVORITE AT-HOME WORKOUTS
Some of the fitness sources that I turn to on a regular basis are detailed below. Let me know if you try any of these!
- 2. The Average Girl’s Treadmill Workout. A Pinterest find from a few months ago, this interval workout has become part of my weekly cardio rotation.
- 3. Basic strength training guide for women. I typically stick to basics when lifting weights. I have this graphic saved as a screenshot on my phone so I can have it at my fingertips in the gym.
- 4. Gina, Julie and Courtney’s blogs. All three gals are NASM certified personal trainers and I have been turning to their blogs for inspiration for many, many years.
- 5. YogaDownload.com. A hidden gem in my opinion. Search by length, level or style to find the perfect yoga series.
Questions for you:
- Where do you find at-home workout ideas?
- If you’re a blogger, do you take photos on your phone or do you own a fancy camera?
- Are you a fan of overnight oats?