It’s been a while since this girl was up at the crack of dawn to start her work day. I’ve officially had over six weeks of zero obligations since school ended in December. It has been so stress-free and invigorating to be able to run errands in the middle of the day and sleep as late as I want; however, my down time has also been monotonous and draining. At some point, you run out of things to fill your day, ya know? While I genuinely enjoyed my last stretch of free time for God knows how long, today marks a new chapter: day one at my new job!
I don’t start until noon, so I’m excited to have the morning off to workout, to spend some extra time getting ready (but let’s be real, I picked out my outfit two weeks ago), read blogs and the news, and enjoy a hearty breakfast.
Speaking of news, have you heard about the Chicago blizzard? From the Chicago Tribune website:
Form the time we woke up, the snow did not stop. The last time I measured at 4 p.m. yesterday, we had over twelve inches! Crazy stuff. There was no way we were braving the elements for the Superbowl, so we stayed home and just simply chilled out in our cozy clothes. It was a lovely little Sunday.
What did you end up doing for Superbowl? Were you homebound because of the snow?
As per usual around here on Mondays, I’m sharing my tentative dinner and fitness plans for the week. I know the first week at my job will be busy and possibly include some later nights, so I made sure to prep enough stuff for both of us to grab in a pinch (read: hangry).
- Crockpot shredded chicken
- No-bake energy balls
- Egg white muffins
- Black bean brownies
- Butternut squash, kale & couscous salad
- Guac (actually for Superbowl, but we have tons of leftovers)
Side note about the black bean brownies. I subbed a couple of things and used a blender + mixer instead of a food processor. I must have done a few things wrong, because I thought they were awful! I also couldn’t get passed the fact that I was eating chocolate with black beans. Note to self: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 😉
- Sunday: Salmon & stir fry veggies
- Monday: Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce (I made my grandmother’s *infamous* sauce recipe on Saturday, froze a bunch of it, but kept enough in the fridge for this week!)
- Tuesday: Ground turkey quesadillas
- Wednesday: Gorgonzola herb baked chicken & roasted broccoli
- Thursday: leftovers
- Friday: takeout
- Saturday: TBD
- Monday: 40-minute cardio + yoga
- Tuesday: 40-minute cardio + lower body strength training
- Wednesday: yoga
- Thursday: rest/foam rolling
- Friday: 40-minute cardio + upper body strength training
- Saturday: 20-minute cardio + yoga
- Sunday: rest/foam rolling
I’ll leave you with this precious photo of Baxter. All he wanted yesterday were rubs from his dad.
Have a great rest of your day!