I knew my first week of work would be all over the place schedule-wise. Like a good blogger, I drafted a few posts to keep in my queue for busy days. This is one of them.
I’ve had a subscription to US Weekly for many years. Perusing celebrity gossip is one of my guilty pleasures. In the summer, nothing sounds better to me than lying on our pool deck with a stack of trashy magazines. One of my favorite features of US Weekly is the “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” section. Each week a different celebrity shares a variety of random facts about his or herself.
I realized that even though you visit this blog, you likely don’t know a whole lot about me. While I’m definitely not a celeb (ha!), below you’ll find some fun facts about what makes me tick, everything from embarrassing childhood admissions to quirky talents. Enjoy!
25 THINGS YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I love haunted history and try to visited a haunted place in every city I see.
2. I have a talent for painting my own nails – both hands!
3. Before high school dances, my friends made appointments with me (at my house) to have their hair and makeup done. Before one homecoming, I had eight people scheduled starting at 9 a.m.
4. I have a hard time watching movies that were made before 2000. The screen looks too “scratchy” to me. Bobby still hasn’t accepted this.
5. I studied abroad in Vienna, Austria in college and visited six different countries in seven weekends.
6. My hair is naturally curly and frizzy. I have been straightening it for exactly half my life!
7. I have two older brothers; Jeff is 39 and Garrett is 29.
8. My mom is an interior designer. 😉
9. I would probably choose Kraft Mac ‘N Cheese and a Cobb salad as my last meal on earth.
10. I have God awful seasonal allergies and take three prescriptions year round.
11. Bobby and I met at his company while I was working as a temp there during grad school.
12. When asked what kind of car I wanted as a little girl, I would tell my Dad, “a pink corvette filled with skittles.” Go figure.
13. I danced ballet from the time I was four years old until I was a sophomore in high school. I try not to live with regrets, but I wish I’d never quit!
14. I have a serious phobia of spiders. Seriously. Even typing the “s” word makes me sweat.
15. Buffy the Vampire Slayer was my obsession as a kid/tween.
16. I find showers to be a waste of time. I could lie in a hot bath and read every single day.
17. I am very organized, but somewhat messy at the same time.
18. I have a strange talent of being able to whistle at a very high decibel.
19. When I was little, my mom was changing a light bulb and she was unaware that the wire had a short circuit. The spark shocked her hand and she lost two fingernails. There was blood everywhere! Now I am terrified of changing lightbulbs and have only done it once.
20. Even thought I have a Dad, two brothers and a boyfriend who are avid sports fans, I know very little about sports and care about them even less.
21. When I was in middle school, I thought Britney Spears was the most beautiful girl I’d ever seen.
22. I had a pet gerbil named Louis as a kid. Louis was psychotic and you could only pick him up if you wore gardening gloves.
23. I’ve never owned a dog (but I love them!).
24. I was watching horror movies by myself in the dark by the time I was nine. Normal, right?
25. I’ve never had a brain freeze.
Questions for you:
- What’s a fun fact that few people know about you?
- Do you follow celebrity gossip?