Happy Monday, my friends! How was the weekend?
Bobby was out of town for a ski trip, so I decided to play it very low key. Some errands were accomplished, lots of Netflix watched (I’m working my way through Pretty Little Liars and a long list of documentaries), a much-needed nap was taken, a little LSW studying here and there and of course, my typical Sunday meal prep.
The snow is finally melting a bit and I no longer feel the need to duck under the “Caution: Ice Falling” signs on Michigan Avenue. Now it’s more like a drip of ice cold water down your back every once in a while. Saturday was particularly beautiful with sun streaming through my windows and temps in the 40s!
The forecast on Sunday was a little less than desirable, so I spent the day meal preppin’, plowing through some laundry and getting things in line for the week ahead.
- Crockpot shredded chicken
- No-bake energy balls
- Egg white muffins
- Butternut squash, kale & couscous salad <– a variation on this recipe
- Cranberry kale salad <– a variation on this recipe
- Sunday: pan-seared strip steak, risotto and cranberry kale salad
- Monday: (previously frozen) white bean & tomato soup, (previously frozen) homemade oat bread
- Tuesday: Spaghetti squash pad thai
- Wednesday: leftovers
- Thursday: Gorgonzola chicken (was on the menu last week, but never quite happened), broccoli
- Friday: out with friends
- Saturday: our annual homemade pizza & cake Valentine’s Day. Adding a Barefoot Contessa Caesar salad this year!
- Monday: 40-minute cardio + lower body strength training
- Tuesday: 20-minute cardio + yoga
- Wednesday: yoga sculpt via Crunch Live
- Thursday: rest/foam rolling
- Friday: 40-minute cardio + upper body strength training
- Saturday: rest/foam rolling
- Sunday: 20-minute cardio, stretch
Questions for you:
- Are you into Netflix? Hulu? Amazon Prime? What shows are you watching?
- Do you workout on the weekends?
Have a great day!