I hope you had a great Valentine’s Day and weekend. I am just popping in quickly tonight to bring you my fitness and meal/snack plan for the week. I’m taking the day off of blogging tomorrow, but will be back in action on Tuesday to share some fun pics from Valentine’s Day weekend and a go-to recipe as of late. Since we won’t be chatting tomorrow, have a lovely President’s Day, especially if you have it off work/school 🙂
I just was not in the cooking mood today, so meal prep was a little more sparse than usual.
I have a few ideas in my head and in the fridge, but wasn’t quite as organized this week. Hey, it happens. Here’s a tentative plan:
- White bean chicken chili
- Spaghetti squash with marinara sauce & chicken sausage
- Salmon, baked carrots & kale Caesar salad with Barefoot Contessa dressing <– made for V-Day and we have leftover dressing and tomatoes!
- Monday: 40-minute cardio + lower body strength training
- Tuesday: 20-minute cardio + abs
- Wednesday: yoga sculpt via Crunch Live + YouTube yoga to = 60 minutes
- Thursday: 30-minute cardio + abs
- Friday: 40-minute cardio + upper body strength training
- Saturday: rest
- Sunday: rest
Question for you:
- Do you plan out dinners or just wing it?
As soon as I hit publish on this post, I’m headed out to a dentist appointment (awesome) and some errands. Today started a bit later than usual since Bobby and I were out way past our weeknight bedtime of 9 p.m. We had a reservation at Cafe Ba-Ba- Reeba, one of my favorite restaurants in the city. When I first moved to Chicago, Ba-Ba-Reeba was a go-to for my girlfriends and me since it’s affordable and always delicious. Bobby and I hadn’t officially celebrated my new job, so last night we did just that over a pitcher of white peach sangria and Spanish tapas.
Spicy potatoes & lamb meatballs (my favorite)
Manchego cheese flatbread
Butterscotch custard & mini banana split for dessert
I could wax poetic all day long about my love for Ba-Ba-Reeba, but it’s time to jump to the real reason you stopped by today, Favorite Finds Friday. If you’re a new reader to The Magic Tree (welcome!), Friday’s post is always a bit random. It’s the place where I share my favorite finds from the past week, including links, pins, articles, recipes, products and anything else that made my week!
- Madewell booties. I was on the lookout for weeks for the perfect pair of tan booties. Once these babies went on sale last month, I snatched them up and couldn’t be happier. Unfortunately, the exact boot is sold out, but I almost went with these, as they’re very similar.
- I’ve been on a major kale salad kick lately. This one included craisins and parmesan cheese.
- I love this classy southern gal, and don’t think she’s ever looked better.
Liked what you saw today? Check out past versions of Favorite Finds Friday:
Have a fantastic weekend, friends! ❤