1. Yesterday, I combed a hair mask through my locks, wore a shower cap and completed a 30-minute yoga video in my living room.
2. Sometimes when you work odd hours, dinner gets weird.
3. It worries me for the children of our country that Kelsey from the Bachelor is a school counselor.
4. My work laptop is so freaking huge, like 18 inches or something. Finding a chic laptop bag that is large enough has been the thorn in my side lately. Send any recos my way, but I’ve got my eye on this one:
4. I wish I craved egg whites in the morning, but I almost always want something carb-y and/or sweet.
5. I like to pretend that I quit ballet yesterday, but really, it was over ten years ago. I may or may not have watched this video five times already. I can’t get the link to imbed, so you’ll have to go here to watch it.
Question for you:
- What’s your true life moment today?
I am headed to the sunny beaches of Florida here in a few hours! This trip really snuck up on me – I can’t believe I get to escape 7-degree Chicago for 82-degrees Naples. It feels like a dream 🙂
I just finished 40-minutes of intervals on the treadmill (I’m writing this post in advance, so fingers crossed I woke up to workout!) and am about to shower before hailing a cab to the airport.
I actually ordered Jimmy Johns for myself for dinner, but let’s pretend for a second that last night was Sunday. I threw together a stir fry with chicken, frozen peas, chopped onion, chopped yellow pepper, garlic and broccolini served over brown rice.
For the sauce, I whisked together:
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sugar
We loved this meal, albeit it was a wee bit too hot for me (I’d half the red pepper flakes next time). Stir frys are such a quick and healthy meal. Consider this one added to the weekly dinner rotation.
I also prepped some meals and snacks for Bobby to have throughout the week: egg white muffins and protein breakfast cookies.
The Bachelor premiere kept us up way too late. I swear, I’ve been watching the ABC franchise for half my life and it sucks me in every freaking time. A three-hour premiere – sheesh! The highlight of the night however, was a special little boy’s fourth birthday. Once his annual wet can of food was opened there was no turning back. This was the best photo I could get. Action shot!
Happy Birthday, Baxter!
I’m not posting any workouts for the week today. Since I’ll be on vacation, exercise will be a little more relaxed – lots of walks, maybe some YouTube yoga or a group exercise class at the local gym.